Friday, March 22nd is the deadline to apply for the 2013 U.S. Youth Championships.
Just two weeks remain to submit your application to the 2013 U.S. Youth Sailing Championship from August 12-16 in Corpus Christi, Texas. This year, seven fleets will be sailing: Club 420, Laser, Radial, 29er and new this year, the Formula 16, International 420, and the RS:X. This year's event will be the 2014 ISAF Youth Worlds Qualifier in the I420, 29er, Radial, RS:X, and Formula 16 fleets.
In conjunction with the US Olympic Sailing Program, coaching will be provided and the US Olympic Sailing program will give a presentation on the Olympic Pathways during "Olympic Sailing Night". All junior sailors are encouraged to apply.
For more information or to submit an application, visit the website at http://championships.ussailing.org/Youth/US_Youth_Champs.htm.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Check your application. Every year, a sailor is not accepted because they didn't complete the full application – both pages per person. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you are sailing with someone, make sure they are listed too. Teams register as a team.
- It's very important that you provide your e-mail as well as your parents so we can reach you
- Please list the FULL NAME of your sailing organization. Do not list AYC, BYC, CYC, DYC, EYC – write it out. Initials are not especially helpful.
- If you think you've applied and do not see your name listed under APPLICATIONS RECEIVED at http://championships.ussailing.org/Youth/US_Youth_Champs.htm, it means that your application is incomplete and you have not paid your application fee. US Sailing has sent a link to everyone who has not completed their application so check your e-mails for a link from Regatta Network.
- For Doublehanded teams: the helm begins the process. All you have to do is enter your crew's name and e-mail and hit "E-mail Crew" at the bottom of the page. That will e-mail them a link directly to their resume page. Hopefully that will make life a lot easier. Don't forget to keep going and submit your application fee though.
- Make sure your US Sailing membership is up to date. Renewing online is the fastest way to get it taken care of. http://membership.ussailing.org.
- Charter applications are separate from applications to the Youth Champs. You need to complete both. There are a finite number of boats available.
- Keep your registration confirmation. You can use it to go back at any time and update your resume until we shut the system down on March 22nd.